Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tips from Tish

Most gardeners, sooner or later, are inundated with a bumper crop of 
something (or many things).  Most TV garden shows have published 
cookbooks to deal with that.  Two of my favorites are out of print and 
therefore available from out-of-print book sellers at very inexpensive 
prices.
 The Joy of Gardening Cookbook
 The Victory Garden Cookbook
 
In addition there are all the on line recipe sources.
 foodtv.com
 epicurious.com
 recipes.com
 eatingwell.com  (my favorite for modern, healthy, easy to prepare 
recipes with nutritional analysis)
 
BTW... my degree from Cornell is in Food & Nutrition, I have taught a 
high school food and nutrition program for 35 years in Baldwin, Long 
Island.  I have written the new food and nutrition curriculum for the 
New York State Education Department ( 6 courses:  Intro to foods, 
Advanced Culinary, Baking, Gourmet Foods, Career Exploratory Restaurant 
Management, Nutrition, Health & Fitness).

4 comments:

Shaare Torah CSA said...

Love the ones you mentioned above. I also like the following:

vegetariantimes.com
cookinglight.com

Unknown said...

I agree, particularly vegetariantimes.com

Unknown said...

Radish tops.
Don't throw them away. The Victory Garden Cookbook (original, not the fish and veggie one) has a recipe for radish top soup. I have not tried it yet (I am hoping for more radish tops tomorrow)
It cooks the tops with sauteed onion and potato (I would use instant potato flakes to make it fast and easy) for thickener and creaminess.

Shaare Torah CSA said...

Please send us the recipe!